Useful Tips for Air Conditioning Season
At your Service With Dick Thomas - Useful Tips as We Head into Air Conditioning Season
The glorious Spring weather takes our minds from heating to cooling. Consider these tips to start the cooling season off right:
1. Clean your outside condenser with a garden hose or have your hose accessible and your water turned on for the technician when he arrives.
2. Make sure the outside of your air conditioning unit is not overcrowded with shrubs, plants or trees. Trim around it by about two feet.
3. If the air blows out the top, make sure it is clear of debris.
4. Once you have finished using your humidifier close the by-pass damper for summer operation.
5. Once you have finished using heat close all basement registers for the A/C season.
6. Make sure all dampers are open in the rest of the registers in the home.